Friday, November 21, 2008

Remember to smile a little... or Laugh alot!

My 3 year old son is quite the character some days. But he loves to love people. This morning as all of us were getting around, he pipes up, "I'm your only son right Mom?" and of course I said, "Yes, your my only son."
"Soooo.. I don't have any brothers?" His look was one of disappointment.
"No honey, you don't have any brothers, only two sisters." Where is he going with this, I wonder. His next answer, combined with his look of "I've solved it all Mom" had me rolling (only a child would think it could be so easy)
" That's alright mom,"he says cheerily,"You can just buy me one!" as if babies were somewhere in a store waiting to be bought and loved..... I didn't have the heart to tell him that Daddy's surgery today was to prevent any possibility of more kids popping up. I simply smiled and chuckled at him, shook my head, and said, "Sweetie, it doesn't quite work that way."

No comments: