Monday, November 17, 2008

I haven't got it all figured out...

At least not yet!

But dang it all, I do try. In case you haven't figured out, I'm referring to this thing we call life.

Recently,My friend's mother just had a large tumor (roughly larger than a plum) removed from her brain. We are currently waiting to find out whether or not its cancerous, or just a benign lump of doesn't belong in someone's brain. I seem to be encountering a lot of people with different health or mental issues these days. And quite frankly, its depressing. When it rains, it pours, or so they say. But they never bothered to mention the flood that rises up and tries its hardest to sweep you away lest you be caught unawares.

And so goes life, with all its unexpectedness and bumps and trials. Some things bring tears, some things bring smiles, and other things shape who you are, define the person, and the choices you choose to make. I think that's why so many people have a hard time with things. They still envision a life of meaning tied to a life of happiness. Honestly, I'm almost convinced that you can't have both. But then like I said before, I haven't got it all figured out yet.

No comments: