Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crusade of Dreams

I know.... its been a long time since I've blogged. But thats the way it goes sometimes.





I have a few strong convictions, of them is the determination to hold steadfast and make things happen. Why is this so important to me?? it all goes back to my disgust at the world for encouraging children to hold on to a dream(s) and then as they get older we privately take them aside and explain the responsibilities of life... as if dreams and responsibilities can't go hand in hand. As if they were mere child's play, meant to be forgotten. Well, says I, that's not true and I'm intent on proving it.



When people chose to discard that most precious to them, that which they define & measure their own self worth and accomplishments with, they lose the passion and zest for life that should never be lost. They lose perspective on whats of value and whats not.



I really think life should not be wasted, and as Etienne de Grallet said, "I shall pass through this life but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall never pass this way again."



In my opinion, Dreams are meant to be achieved with the responsibility of helping others succeed. Only then can we define possibilities, only then can we call ourselves the role models that we wish the young to take heart and follow after, chasing until they grasp that idea, that dream and give it roots to grow.


1 comment:

crimsonwhiskey said...

Hello lovely! I like this blog very much, it's something we let go of all too easily. Keep up the crusade!