Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Food: The Stuff Life is Made Of

I'm sitting here with my stomach growling at me and I keep thinking I don't know what I want to eat so I'll bear the hunger until I decide on something that I don't mind putting in my mouth. Oddly enough, this has led me to ponder. What do I feed myself?

I'm talking soufully, characteristically, and morally. What do I feed myself? I've realized that I can't go on forever bottling everything up and hoping that one day someone will randomly come by and crack a few open and actually be o.k. with what they might find. I need substance, the kind that sets me free and helps me to grow a few feathers more. I tend to work more than a person my age should, so no real social life here and if I look carefully enough, I realize I'm avoiding the things that bother me. I'm scared to change things in fear of hurting some of the most precious people in my life, so I avoid the conflicts that would ensue and lose out on the little things in life that mean the most.

So I wonder, how do you feed yourself the food that matters most when you've stuffed yourself away?

1 comment:

crimsonwhiskey said...

Very good questioning. Lately, well, actually, all of my life, I've fed myself some very bitter bites. And had to swallow my own medicine. Not so tasty. But that's just me. Always taking bites of the unknown.

I've rebounded (slightly) from being kicked out of the whole tuesday night thing. I did ask him about it later that day. I got a single text back. He says he's an asshole. Go figure.