Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Child's View In Life

So, I've calmed down a little, thought things through a little and came across some homework that my daughter brought home from school. It was entitled "It's cooking" and the children were asked to make a recipe of friendship. I'll leave things spelled her way, but you'll get the idea:

Recipe for Friendship by Hope

1 1/2 cups of frendsip (friendship).

1 universe full of trust.

3 cups of troth (truth).

4 cups of NO putdowns.

8 gallons of love. (She had changed the teachers number of 2 gals to 8, I'm thinking she has the right idea.)

1 pinch hugs.

1 teaspoonful of hulp (help).

My daughter never ceases to amaze me and humble me back down to earth. If more adults took on a child's view in life, wouldn't things be so much better and simpler.

No comments: